In 35 days, you will be making up a list in your head, that this year in 2016 I am going to do a few things differently. But before you do that, just go through the following questions and see how many things you did differently in 2015.
In the past one year –
- Did you take time off and travel somewhere?
- Did you meet new people? Did you meet different people?
- I hope you made new friends.
- Did you live in a different place for a while?
- Did you help the needy, the poor, the oppressed?
- Did you speak up for a cause, speak against a wrong?
- I hope your head was held high and that you spoke the truth.
- Did you read many books? Did you read a challenging book?
- Learn a new skill, a skill not required in your current profession?
- Did you learn a new language? Or many new words?
- Were you around for dinners more at home? Or when your mom gave you call?
- I hope you did well at work. And learned many new things.
- If in school or college – is your learning curve exponential?
- Did you go somewhere alone?
- Fall in love? Fall in love all over again ..with the same person?
- Did something that scares you?
- I hope you lost some weight.
- And also saved some money.
- Oh and of course, did nice things for the people who love you, you did right?
I think the most important question is – how have you changed and how much have you changed?
I hope you see, a different you than the you that you used to be.